Today is the 15th Anniversary of the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Please take the time this morning to remember the members of the EMS, fire, rescue, and police services who were lost and continue to suffer in or lose their lives as a result of the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center, Pentagon, and United Airlines Flight 93 crash in Shanksville, Pa.
These heinous attacks further resulted in 2,997 people killed and over 6,000 people being injured. Please take a moment to remember the victims and their families who continue to grieve the losses of their loved ones.
Join us in remembering the most severe of the day in New York City:
- 343 FDNY Firefighters (Chaplain and 2 Paramedics included).
- 37 Police Officers: Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Police Department.
- 23 NYPD Police Officers
- 8 Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics from private emergency medical services.
- 127 FDNY Firefighters who have succumbed to 9/11 related ailments.
Times to remember:
- 08:46.40: American Airlines Flight 11 crashes into North Tower (1 WTC).
- 09:03.02: United Airlines Flight 175 crashes into South Tower (2 WTC).
- 09:37.46 American Airlines Flight 77 crashes into west side of Pentagon.
- 09:58.59 South Tower (2 WTC) collapse [56 minutes after impact].
- 10:03.11 United Airlines Flight 93 crashes in near Shanksville, Pa.
- 10:28.22 North Tower (1 WTC) collapse [1 hour and 42 minutes after impact].
- 9/11 Memorial (http://www.911memorial.org/)
- Fox Coverage: (http://www.foxnews.com/live-coverage/15th-anniversary-of-911)
- CNN Coverage: (http://www.cnn.com/specials/september-11-15-years-later)
- National Ceremony – NYC 0830 (https://www.c-span.org/video/?414858-1/national-september-11-memorial-museum-holds-remembrance-ceremony)
- National Ceremony – Pentagon 0930 (https://www.c-span.org/video/?414980-1/pentagon-hosts-911-remembrance-ceremony)
- National Ceremony – PA 0935 (https://www.c-span.org/video/?414978-1/flight-93-national-memorial-hosts-911-remembrance-ceremony)
MAY WE NEVER FORGET